Monday 29 June 2020

HELLO & WELCOME!

Hello everyone, and welcome to 'Life through my eyes'!๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘€

As well as serving it's main purpose as my Chronic Illness related blog, this project is also home to the self-established project 'Bravery Bottles'๐ŸŒบ.


On this website, you find everything you need to know about the project, as well as information on the ever-building, ever-improving projects: 
'Katie's Care Kits'๐ŸŽ and 'Teddies with Trachs'๐Ÿป

Regardless of whether you’ve clicked on this page intentionally, or you’ve found yourself here after stumbling across the link during a 2am Facebook stalking session, I hope that the website serves the project’s intended purpose: to provide an insight into life with chronic illness, to recognise the difficulties that life brings each day, and to reward that bravery when goals are achieved and expectations exceeded. 

In terms of my blog and in order to help as many people as possible, my personal aim is to take my own advice; step outside of my own comfort zone in order to provide a day-to-day account of the ups, downs, good, bad, honest, vulnerable, and – above all – realistic account into my life personally, as well as speaking on behalf of those living with chronic illness(es) too.

The main focus is on 'Bravery Bottles'; a self-rewarding and achieving project for those who are chronically ill - all the information you need can be accessed here; application forms, fundraisers, events and/or competitions, posts (from either myself, the 'project team', another BB participant, or a member of the public), regular weekly activities, credit & milestone tracking logs, 'Participant of the week', prizes & the shop and more. Occasionally there will be 'special events' to take part in, including - for example - virtual video quiz nights, 'secret stones', 'flash fundraisers' and annual competitions.

I will stand by my promise of being a contact for anyone, anywhere, at any time, whether to help rationalise frantic thoughts, to pass on first-hand experience (as opposed to piecing together very vague and fragmented information from Dr. Google!), to suggest realistic and sensible steps forward, to be an advocate for the chronically ill, or just to be a shoulder to cry on – something that everyone needs from time to time!

Ultimately, my aim will always fall back to making ‘Life through my Eyes’ the blog that wish I found when first falling ill, and for it to provide the information, advice, guidance, and reassurance to those who need it.

So today, if nothing else, make it your good deed to:
1. Subscribe to my blog (ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE SIDE BAR)
2. ‘Like’ the project’s public Facebook page (Bravery Bottles), and 
3. Follow the project’s Instagram page (@katiefant_blog).

Thank you to you all for your ongoing support, and remember that you’re never alone (and so never have to suffer alone). 

Any news/updates/announcements will be provided in the side bar. The quickest way to contact me is via email (braverybottles@hotmail.com), but other methods of reaching me are included on the ‘Contact me’ page.